Aryabhata Ganit Challenge (AGC) online maths competition 2020 was initiated by the CBSE Board to enhance
mathematical abilities among students in the year 2019. The first stage of the test has been successfully conducted from 18th Nov to 22nd Nov 2019. A lot number of students have participated in the 1st stage of Aryabhata Ganit Challenge. In order to reach out to maximum students
across the country, the Board will host the Aryabhata Ganit Challenge on DIKSHA platform this
This challenge shall be available on DIKSHA platform from 12th November 2020 to 25th
November 2020. (
Circular No: ACAD-86/2020).
Students from class 8 to 10 irrespective of the Board are eligible to participate in
To access the challenge, a student needs to join the “Aryabhata Ganit Challenge – 2020”
course on DIKSHA Platform through the link given below. Students can engage with a fun video on
Algebra and reading material on Srinivas Ramanujan, one of India’s greatest Mathematicians.
Additionally, students can attempt the Aryabhata Ganit Practice set to build some confidence in
answering real-life context problems before attempting the Aryabhata Ganit Challenge – 2020.
Steps for Students to Participate:
1) You can access the course via DIKSHA portal on the computer or via DIKSHA app on your Android
mobile. iPhone users can access the quiz on any mobile browser. You must have the latest version of
the DIKSHA App from Playstore to access the quiz. In case you already have the DIKSHA App then
ensure that it is updated to the latest version by visiting Playstore.
2) Click these links to access the Aryabhatta Ganit Challenge – Diksha course in English: http://bit.ly/AGCE_2020 and in Hindi:
http://bit.ly/AGCH_2020 . This will open the login page.
3) Enter your registered email address and password to login. If you do not have an account on
DIKSHA then you can register for the same by clicking on the “Register here” button on the page.
You can also sign in with an existing Google account by clicking on the “Sign in with Google” button.
4) On reaching the “Aryabhata Ganit Challenge – 2020” course home page, please click on “Join
Course” to register.
5) Once you have joined the course, you will be able to access different modules of this course.
You can either click on Start Learning or on any one of the modules to access the content:
(i) The first module provides Introduction to the Aryabhata Ganit Challenge 2020 course.
(ii) The second module includes a fun and engaging video on Algebra as well as some
reading material on Srinivas Ramanjun, one of India’s greatest Mathematicians. This
material has been developed by Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science and Technology,
Government of India
(iii) The third module is the Aryabhata Ganit Practice Set where you can practice some fun
and interesting Mathematics questions.
(iv) The fourth module is the Aryabhata Ganit Challenge – 2020.
Please note that no merit list shall be displayed or separate certificates will be issued to the
participants. Participation certificates will be issued online after fourteen days on the DIKSHA
platform itself upon 100% completion of the course.
Please ensure that students have their correct
names in the DIKSHA profile. Students should have the latest version of DIKSHA App or
access to the DIKSHA website to receive certificates.
Detailed instructions on accessing the course on a computer and participating in the challenge
is given in Annexure – 1.
Detailed instructions on accessing the course on DIKSHA mobile app and participating in the challenge is given in Annexure – 2.
Instructions to access participation certificates are given in Annexure – 3.
any clarification, please send an email to email@example.com
Key Points Related to the Conduct of Aryabhata Ganit Challenge 2020
First Stage: All students of class 8 to 10 who are studying in CBSE affiliated schools are eligible to participate in the Aryabhata Ganit Challenge 2020.
Second Stage: Top three students from each affiliated school who registered for the first stage.
Area of Assessment
(i) Application of Mathematics in daily life (20 marks )
- Change and relationships
- Space and Shape
- Uncertainty and data
(ii) Joy of Mathematics Learning (20 marks)
- History of Mathematics
- Current affairs in Mathematics
- Mathematics all around us
iii) Mathematical ability (20 marks)
- Numerical Ability
- Spatial Ability
Test Duration and Total Marks:
It will be an objective type paper consisting of 1-hour duration. The test will be of 60 marks and there shall be no negative marking.
Process of Conduct of Test and Selection
The test will be conducted in two stages:
- First Stage
- Second Stage
- Affiliated schools have to apply online on www.cbse.nic.in before 15th November 2019 (till 5.30 p.m). No fees are charged for the first stage registration.
- All students can participate in the first stage of the examination.
- The question paper will be made available to the registered schools through an online link between 18th to 22nd Nov 2019.
- The registered schools will conduct the test and identify their three top students.
- The top 3 students from each school will be selected for the stage 2 exam. Schools have to register the names of the top 3 students by paying Rs. 900 fees through an online link from the 18th to the 25th Nov 2019.
- CBSE will conduct the computer-based test for the top three students registered from each school on 29th November 2019.
- The details of the test will be communicated to registered schools.
- The top 100 students from each CBSE region will be awarded a Merit certificate.
Instructions to access Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Course on Computer
2) Enter your email address and password to login. If you do not have an account on DIKSHA
then you can register by clicking Register Here. You can also sign in with an existing Google
Steps 3 – 7 are for first time DIKSHA users or users who have signed in using a new account.
Others may refer to step 8 onwards.
3) After clicking on Register Here, register yourself by providing the information asked.
4) An OTP will be sent to your mobile number and email address for verification.
5) Now select your Board, Medium, Class, and Subject and click submit.
For example- Board:
CBSE, Medium: English, Class: Class 9, Subject: Mathematics
6) Select Teacher, Student or Other – whichever is applicable to you and click Submit.
7) Provide your location details and click on the submit button.
8) You will now reach the Course home page. Click on Join Course.
9) Once here, you will find the different modules of this course.
You can either click on Start
Learning or on any one of the modules to directly
Instructions to access Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Course on Mobile App DIKSHA
Note: When using an Android Mobile phone, download DIKSHA App from Playstore. In case you
already have the DIKSHA App then ensure that it is updated to the latest version by visiting
Playstore. iPhone users can open the website on their phone or on a computer.
2) Clicking on Join Course will open the login button in case you are not logged in to
DIKSHA app. Click on the login button.
3) Enter your email address and password to login. If you do not have an account on
then you can register by clicking Register Here. You can also sign in with an
existing Google ID.
Steps 4 – 6 are for first time DIKSHA users or users who have signed in using a new account.
Others may refer to step 8 onwards.
4) After clicking on Register Here, register yourself by providing the information asked.
5) An OTP will be sent to your mobile number or email address for verification.
6) Now select your Board, Medium, Class, and Subject and click Save/Submit.
7) You will now reach the Course home page. Click on Start Learning to begin
Instructions to access participation certificates for Aryabhata Ganit Challenge 2020
1) Go to the profile Page on DIKSHA homepage (after the course is completed).
2) Scroll down to the Learning Passbook part of the profile, and click on the eye icon, to
download the certificate (if done for the first time, Storage permissions might have to be
3) Once downloaded, it will automatically open on the users default PDF viewer, or ask to
pick an app for it using which one can view the certificate.
4) If the user wants to find this PDF on their device, the user will have to use the file
app on their mobile device and find it in downloads.