The National Centre for Drinking Water, Sanitation and Quality (NCDWSQ) is being set up as an autonomous Institution of the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India. Establishing this Centre is a step towards fulfilling Government’s commitment to improve ‘quality of life’ and bring ‘ease of living’ to rural communities by ensuring safe drinking water and sanitation facilities on a regular and long-term basis.
Further, the Centre is to provide inputs for policymaking, on request, to both Union Government and State Governments, and also to other countries and cater to emerging needs of both rural and urban areas in India.
Objectives of the Centre (Proposed)
1. Provide policy advice and technical guidance;
2. Generate knowledge through cutting-edge research & demonstrate through pilot projects;
3. Create a state-of-the-art R&D laboratory infrastructure for evaluating the impact of emerging treatment technologies;
4. Promote academic growth through customized academic programmes including doctoral and post-doctoral studies;
5. Explore collaboration and build partnerships with sector organizations for innovative & long-term interventions;
6. Partnership with the world-class organization; and
7. Create IT infrastructure for public health engineers/ water quality professionals to enable the use of AI/ ML/ VR
National Jal Jeevan Mission, DDWS hereby invites creative designers, artists and innovators to participate in Logo designing contest for ‘National Centre for Drinking Water, Sanitation and Quality’.
Some elements that may be useful in designing a logo are water (not necessarily tap), and knowledge. The Centre will play a key role in building capacities of engineers across the country and furthering the goal of Jal Jeevan Mission.
The last date of submission of entries is 31st January 2021.
The prize money is Rs. 50,000/- for the best entry and Rs. 30,000/- for the first runner up.
For any queries, connect to:
Jal Jeevan Mission website: jjm.gov.in
Click here to read the background note.
Click here to read the Terms & Conditions.