“Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest Promotes Global Yoga Awareness
In an effort to foster global awareness about the transformative power of yoga and encourage active participation in the International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2023, the Ministry of Ayush (MoA) and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) are organizing the highly anticipated “Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest.
This “Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest, open to participants worldwide, aims to inspire individuals to prepare for and actively engage in IDY 2023. Hosted on the MyGov platform by the Government of India (GoI), the contest invites people from all walks of life to capture the essence of yoga through the lens of their cameras.
|Event Name||“Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest|
|Duration||9th June 2023 to 30th June 2023 17.00 hrs|
|Contest Hashtagfor Promotion||Country specific hashtag YogaMyPride_Country Eg: #yogaMyPride_India|
|Contest Categories||Female Categories
Youth (below 18 years)
Adult (18 years and above)
Youth (below 18 years)
Adult (18 years and above)
|Prizes||For each of the above categories:
Stage 1: Country-specific prizes
First Prize -To be announced by the Indian Mission in the respective country.
Second Prize -To be announced by the Indian Mission in the respective country.
Third Prize -To be announced by the Indian Mission in the respective country.
Stage 2: Global prizes
Global prize winners will be selected from the winners of all the countries. Details will be announced on the MyGov (https://mygov.in) platform of GoI.
|Announcement of Prizes||Date to be decided by the respective country embassies )|
|Co-ordinating Agency||India Co-ordinator: MoA and CCRYN|
Showcasing the Spirit of Yoga The “Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest will take place from June 9th to June 30th, 2023, until 17:00 hrs (IST). Participants can submit their entries through the official contest link: https://innovateindia.mygov.in/yoga-my-pride/. To promote the contest, participants are encouraged to use country-specific hashtags such as #YogaMyPride_India for India.
Categories: Capturing the Diversity of Yoga The “Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest offers six distinct categories, catering to both male and female participants of various age groups and yoga expertise levels:
Award Categories and Prizes
The contest is proposed to be organized in six categories, as below:
|S. No||Female Categories||S. No.||Male Categories|
|01.||Youth (Below 18 years)||04.||Youth (Below 18 years)|
|02.||Adult (18 years and above)||05.||Adult (18 years and above)|
|03.||Yoga Professionals||06.||Yoga Professionals|
The winners will be announced within the aforementioned six categories.
Female Categories in “Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest
- Youth (below 18 years)
- Adult (18 years and above)
- Yoga Professionals
Male Categories: 4. Youth (below 18 years)
- Adult (18 years and above)
- Yoga Professionals
Prizes: Celebrating Achievement in Yoga Photography Winners in each category will be awarded country-specific prizes, announced by the Indian Mission in their respective countries. Additionally, global prize winners will be selected from the winners of all participating countries. The prizes for both stages are as follows:
Stage 1: Country-Specific Prizes:
- First Prize: To be announced by the Indian Mission in the respective country
- Second Prize: To be announced by the Indian Mission in the respective country
- Third Prize: To be announced by the Indian Mission in the respective country
Stage 2: Global Prizes:
- First Prize: $1000
- Second Prize: $750
- Third Prize: $500
Evaluation and Judging: A Transparent Process A committee comprising esteemed yoga professionals and experts will carry out the evaluation and judging process. Initially, a shortlisting committee will select three winners in each category from each country.
These winners will then compete for the global prizes, with the evaluation coordinated by the ICCR. The evaluation process will consider criteria such as correctness of the yoga pose, appropriateness of the slogan, photograph quality, creativity, and clarity of expression, as well as the background of the photograph.
Suggestive Evaluation Criteria
Marks can be given on each criterion ranging from 0-5, where 0-1 will be for non-compliance/moderate compliance, 2 for compliance, 3 and above depending on the performance. The following criteria and the accompanying scoring are only indicative/suggestive and may be revised as deemed appropriate by the respective evaluation and screening committees.
|S. No||Suggestive Criteria||Maximum Marks (Out of 50)|
|01.||Correctness of the yoga pose||10|
|02.||Appropriateness of the slogan to the photograph||10|
|03.||Quality of the photograph, (Colour, lighting, exposure and focus)||10|
|04.||Creativity and clarity of expression and inspirational power||10|
|05.||Background of the photograph||10|
Embassy/High Commission Responsibilities: Supporting “Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest Implementation Indian Embassies and High Commissions play a vital role in coordinating the event in their respective countries.
They will promote the contest, evaluate submitted photos, declare country winners, and ensure adherence to contest guidelines.
Furthermore, they will engage in various activities to encourage participation, such as promoting IDY through social media platforms, responding to participant queries, and emphasizing the importance of yoga.
Contest Guidelines: A Path to Success To participate, contestants must visit the dedicated contest page on MyGov, select their category, and complete the participation form.
They are required to upload their entry, adhering to the terms and conditions provided. Entries can be submitted from June 9th, 2023, and must be received by the deadline of June 30th, 2023, at 17:00 hrs (IST).
Detailed terms and conditions/contest guidelines for the “Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest.
Here is a summary of the key points:
- Participants must submit a photograph of themselves in a yoga pose along with a short slogan/theme (not exceeding 15 words) that resonates with the photograph and captures the essence of yoga. The name of the asana or posture should also be included.
- The photograph can be taken in various backgrounds such as heritage sites, iconic places, scenic nature, tourist destinations, studios, homes, etc.
- The “Yoga My Pride” Photography Contest is open to all, regardless of age, gender, profession, or nationality, except for employees and relatives of the Ministry of Ayush (MoA) due to a potential conflict of interest.
- Participants must not disclose their personal identity (name, caste, country, etc.) in the submitted photo entry.
- Each person can participate in only one category and submit only one photo. Multiple entries or submissions under different categories will result in disqualification.
- All entries/photos must be submitted in digital format on the MyGov platform, in JPEG/PNG/SVG format, with a file size not exceeding 2MB.
- Submissions are accepted only through the official MyGov contest link. No other submission methods will be accepted.
- The deadline for submissions is June 30th, 2023, at 17:00 hrs IST. The Ministry reserves the right to extend or shorten the deadline at its discretion.
- Incomplete or deficient entries, including missing category information, may be disregarded. Participants should provide complete and accurate information, including email and phone number, to be eligible for prizes.
- Entries containing inappropriate, offensive, or violating content will be immediately discarded and disqualified. The Ministry reserves the right to disregard any entry that is deemed inappropriate by the evaluation committee.
- Any attempt to influence the evaluation committee or provide false information may result in disqualification.
- Participants must provide valid proof of age (Aadhar card/passport) if they win a prize. False declarations of age will lead to disqualification.
- Participants below 18 years of age may have their parents create a login ID and obtain parental consent to participate in the contest.
- The decisions of the screening committee and evaluation committee are final and binding. The evaluation committee may seek clarifications from participants and disqualify entries if required information is not provided within the given time.
- Participants acknowledge that their submitted photos are original and do not infringe on any copyrights or intellectual property rights.
- The Ministry may use the entries for future promotional activities and announce the names of winners and their respective locations.
- Participants are responsible for any copyright infringement arising from their contest submissions.
- Personal information of applicants will be kept confidential, and only the identities of the winners will be announced.
- Participants acknowledge that they will have no say in the decisions made by the evaluation committee and provide consent for the use of their entries for future promotional activities by the Ministry of Ayush.
- By submitting their entries, participants declare that the information provided is true and that they understand the consequences of providing false information or infringing copyrights.
These are the main points from the terms and conditions/contest guidelines you provided. Participants should read the complete terms and conditions on the official contest page before entering.
Read More Educational Content and News: Home
Thank you for choosing Edufeed News as your trusted platform for the latest educational news, valuable articles, teaching tips, sample papers, and other study materials.
Stay connected with us for continuous updates and enrich your educational journey.