Self Nominations for the National Awards to Teachers 2022-23
CBSE Latest Circular (CBSE/DIR(ACAD)/2023): The Ministry of Education, Government of India bestows National Awards to Teachers to celebrate the unique contribution of outstanding teachers in the country.
The Ministry of education has sought six nominations from private independent schools affiliated to CBSE. CBSE, thus, invites self nominations from the interested and eligible teachers and principals from its private independent schools. The list of six shortlisted candidates will be forwarded to the Ministry for consideration.
Eligibility for National Awards to Teachers 2022-23
1. Teachers having completed at least 10 years of regular service as a teacher in school(s) affiliated to recognized Board of school education by 31st March 2023.
2. Principals having completed 10 years of regular service as a teacher and 5 years as a Principal in CBSE affiliated school(s) by 31st March 2023.
3. Teachers or Principals retired on or after 31st March 2023 may also apply.
4. Principals cannot apply in the category of teachers.
5. An applicant can apply under only one category.
General and Specific criteria for selecting National Teacher Awards Nominations
Submission of Application for NAT2023
1. Only ONLINE Applications will be accepted. The link for registration and filling the application is available at a tab along with a tab for this circular at: https://cbseit.in/cbse/2023/tchawrd/index.aspx
2. All applicants for National Teacher Awards 2023 shall apply directly on or before 12th July 2023 and submit the following along with the NAT 2023 application:
- An undertaking stating that all the particulars submitted are correct and copies of documents uploaded are genuine.
- Recommendation Letters including continuous and regular Service and vigilance clearance furnished by the Manager of school after the verifying that there is no break in the service of the applicant during the last 10 years (in case of teachers) and 15 years (in case of Principals).
- Certificates/degrees and mark statements of Class 10/11/12/Equivalent (indicating date of Birth); Graduation; Post Graduation and NTT/ETE/B. El. Ed./B.Ed./Others.
- Class Result in Board/School;
Selection Procedure for National Awards to Teachers 2023
From the final merit list, 24 top scorers will be shortlisted based on experience, age, higher qualification, and percentages in qualifying exams etc.
If there is a tie after applying the above criteria, CBSE reserves the right to decide alternative criteria to finalize the merit.
Two days’ time will be given to shortlisted applicants for uploading their verified documents. It’s important for applicants to have their documents ready in a format that’s easy to upload.
All documents must be signed by the applicant and verified by the Head of the school in case of a teacher and by the Manager of the School in case of a principal.
National Level Scrutiny Committee after further shortlisting will invite applicants for an interactive session to decide final six nominations.
All school heads are requested to widely publicize the information to all the concerned teachers. It is reiterated that the complete information as desired may be uploaded on the portal on or before the last date and there will be no extension of last date as the Ministry needs nominations at the earliest.
Read More Educational Content and News: Home
Thank you for choosing Edufeed News as your trusted platform for the latest educational news, valuable articles, teaching tips, sample papers, and other study materials.
Stay connected with us for continuous updates and enrich your educational journey.