Surya Namaskar Demonstration programme on 14 January 2022, under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
The Ministry of AYUSH is all prepared for the global Surya Namaskar Demonstration programme on 14 January 2022, under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations and is hopeful to see more than acrore people’s participation against the target of 75 lakh.
In a virtual press meet, today, Minister of AYUSH Shri Sarbananda Sonowal said that Surya Namaskar demonstration on Makar Sankranti is more relevant in the current resurgence of Covid-19.“It is a proven fact that Surya Namaskar builds up vitality and immunity and therefore is able to keep corona at bay.We have set a target of 75 lakh people participating in the programme, but seeing registration and our preparedness, I am hopeful of crossing the limit of one crore,” he said.
“The Ministry of Ayush has launched this Programme under the direction and guidance of Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi.” he Said.
In this virtual meeting, Minister of State for AYUSH, Dr Munjapara MahendraBhai said that Surya Namaskar rejuvenates Mind and body. “Yogaeffects on molecular genetics are being studied” he said.
Secretary Ayush Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha said that this programme is a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. “It is Surya Namaskar for Vitality, Jeevani Shakti Keliye Surya Namaskar”, he said.
All leading Yoga Institutes both from India and abroad, Indian Yoga Association, National Yoga Sports Federation, Yoga Certification Board, FIT India, and many Government & Non Government organizations are participating in this worldwide program. Celebrities and Sports personalities are expected to promote Surya Namaskar through video messages. Players and staff of SAI will also participate in the programme.
Participants and Yoga enthusiasts can register themselves on respective portals and will have to upload Videos of performing Surya Namaskar on 14th January. The registration links are available on respective websites and are widely distributed by the Ayush Ministry.
Participants and Yoga enthusiasts can register themselves on the portals namely:
How to Participate in 75 Crore Surya Namaskar?
How to Register in 75 Crore Surya Namaskar?
Instructions for individuals and Students to participate in the project
- Login to www.75suryanamaskar.com and click on the link of “individual registration” to open the registration form.
- Provide your personal details correctly while filling up the form. Take care that spelling of your name and town is correct as it will be printed as it is on your certificate.
- Users who have logged in with their Google account or Facebook need not to verify their phone number.
- Learn Suryanamaskar with the help of the video available on website.
- If participant is having any medical issue they must consult their doctor before participating in the Suryanamaskar project as it involves 8 minute physical workout with body bending.
- One can start performing 13 Suryanamaskar everyday from 1st January 2022. It takes only 8 minutes to perform 13 rounds of Suryanamaskar. Every participant has to perform Suryanamaskar for minimum 21 days in the period of 1st Jan to 20th Feb 2022.
- To update your daily practice record you have to follow following steps –
- Log in with Google link or with your registered WhatsApp no and password.
- Click on the “Calendar” link on your profile page
- Click on the check box according to your day.
- Continuing the practice of Suryanamskar even after the project is completed will benefit you to keep yourself healthy and happy for lifetime.
- We wish you all the best and a big thanks for participating in this mega project to celebrate the 75th anniversary of independence.
- We would like you to become an inspiration for others by sharing your photo / video of Suryanamaskar. Please post your photo on Facebook/ Twitter/ Koo and HashTag it with